Friday, March 25, 2011

Grow a bowl of Strawberries

I love good food. I like planning a menu, shopping for it (mainly around the perimeter of the store, or farm gates, or a local market) and preparing it. I especially like checking my garden to see what's available, and planning my food choices around that.
An article in the local paper caught my eye today, http://www2.canada.com/cowichanvalleycitizen/news/opinion/story.html?id=2a6e87e9-613a-4134-92f9-b81cf771de04. Plant yourself a bowl of strawberries!
Now is the time we need to get out and dig in the earth, and feel really alive.
This is what happens to something that looks like a possible 'raised bed' around our house. You plant squash and nasturtiums and beautiful food happens! This was part of last years' crop, and this week the earth gets rejuvenated and ready for a new garden.
Happy planting.

No comments:

Post a Comment