Monday, March 14, 2011

A Day in the Country

This past weekend was Seedy Saturday in Cobble Hill. My neighbour and I went out on a bit of an adventure. First stop was the Hall at Cobble Hill, and even before we went inside to find seeds, there were plants and birdhouses galore in the parking lot.
I really like sedum, and whenever I find one I don't have, I buy it. Lots to choose from, but only one I don't have, ...or probably don't have;)
The crowds were out in force, and from what I saw the vendors were kept busy.
Next stop, chocolate! It's amazing that a drive in the country can be so satisfying. Here's a link to their website. http://www.organicfair.com/
Chocolate bars in hand, we were off to The Loom where creativity knows no bounds!http://www.explorevancouverisland.com/Whippletree_Junction_Vancouver_Island_BC.htm

This link takes you to Whippletree Junction, where The Loom, and Leolas' Studio are located. It's the kind of place where you just feel welcome. With inspiration at every turn, wasn't I lucky to be there when these beautiful felted purses were brought in by their designer and creator? I asked about taking the picture, but didn't get the designers' name. Aren't they lovely? The black piece on the front purse is a knitted and felted Ginkgo leaf design.

Well, we were ready for lunch, and a stop at a nursery before heading home. On our way, much to my delight ... sheep!
We pulled over to the side of the road, and snapped a few photos through the fence. They just make my heart happy! And to think, their lovely wool could be the next designer bag.
Have a lovely week.

No comments:

Post a Comment