Monday, February 28, 2011

Garden Planning

I couldn't resist trying to capture these extra large snowflakes this morning. This is a goddess with a pitcher standing in front of our hedge, pretty much obscured by snow, and the next

 view is of birdhouses on the fence.
Seems like a perfect day to order those few unique seeds from catalogues. There are of course garden centres close by, and at this time of the year there is an ever increasing assortment of seeds to chose from. I have a few on my wish list that aren't at the store, plus it's fun for me to just pore over the catalogues.
 Here's the kitchen table with my list making supplies. Several catalogues, last years' seeds and a new garden planning kit (that was a gift from a girlfriend), with tags, and boxes and string, a journal, and fine copper plant tags. She knows me very well.


My lists grow and change, and plans for 'just one more' garden bed are in the works. And if I have a few more square feet to garden in, maybe I could try a couple of new sunflower varieties?   ... and on it goes. It must be time for tea!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, yes gardening, I do need to begin to think about that. My primulas did okay out in the snow and they perked right up with a bit of sun and my daffodils are ready to bloom!!!!

    ReplyDelete