Thursday, February 3, 2011

Get Growing!

We've had a few cold, clear, sunny days and nights lately, but today we're back to our "wet coast" weather, warmer, overcast and rainy.
As the days get longer, my gardening gene is calling me to get out into the dirt. This week we're stepping over a threshold, and we will have ten hours of daylight, which means I can plant something! I had some soil in the coldframe, and couldn't resist planting two little pots of leeks and one of buttercrunch lettuce. I put a plastic cloche over them, and left them sitting on a bench. My coldframe is a walk-in deal, and I often call it a greenhouse, but it's not because it isn't heated.
 This weekend I'm off to Qualicum Beach to visit their Seedy Saturday. Report and pictures to follow.
Ta ta for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment