Saturday, July 28, 2012

Gabriola Island Saturday Market

Last week we took a trip to Gabriola Island, just off Nanaimo B.C. A perfect sunny Saturday to explore somewhere new, and take in, what turned out to be a really great market. As 'they' say, a picture is worth ....... so here are a lot of pictures of Gabriola Islands' Saturday Market.





Everyone was shopping, selling, and just generally enjoying the day.
These guys from Slow Rise Organic Bakery had forty feet of tables set up at opening time.


I thought I'd go back, near the end of the Market for some beets that I'd been thinking of. You snooze, you lose, no produce, and the bread guys were packed up and gone, no bread, no tables, no evidence that they'd ever been there. But I know they were, as we'd enjoyed a scone at the beach and brought home a couple of loaves of heavenly bread. Apparently it is sold in Nanaimo on certain Market days. I feel a road trip in the near future. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment