Friday, January 27, 2012

Water Dragon

As we know by now, 2012 is the year of the Water Dragon, which is me! I didn't know there were Dragons associated with elements before this year. I'd always celebrated the Chinese New Year, especially the Dragon years, but had no idea of the different elements. So, yes, if you do the math, a cycle of twelve animals times five elements makes me sixty this year. I feel that this year is my year to shine, and I'm in pretty fine company.

THE WATER DRAGON 1952 AND 2012


Water has a calming effect on the Dragon's fearless temperament. Water allows the Dragon to re-direct its enthusiasm, and makes him more perceptive of others. These Dragons are better equipped to take a step back to re-evaluate a situation because they understand the art of patience and do not desire the spotlight like other Dragons. Therefore, they make smart decisions and are able to see eye-to-eye with other people. However, their actions can go wrong if they do not research or if they do not finish one project before starting another.
2012 the Year of the Dragon: In with a mighty roar


I must keep in mind that finishing projects is a weak point. Starting them, is something else. Fun fun fun! I often think I like making plans, gathering materials, and making journals more than actually doing the work. Focus might be my 'word of the year'?
Last year I started growing more flowers than I had ever before. I've been researching Flower Farms, and that is the direction I will be going in 2012. More flowers, selling at our Market, experimenting, as I've never grown Gladiolas before, and last year was my first attempt at Dahlias, which were a success and a pleasure. This means more flower pics, more flower farm info, and generally focusing more on the garden, living outdoors more this year! Yeah!!
Hope you'll come along on my travels.

Here's a look back at some of last years inspiration.





No comments:

Post a Comment